Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Chapter 8: Life's as sweet as sugar (Come-back Chapter)

The morning was all the same. The weather was all the same. Everything was same except this face of Devin. The smile wasn't going away at all. She was so special for him and this was an ultimate experience for him, to fall in love. She has changed him, like completely!






Chapter 8: Life's as sweet as sugar.
Today i would directly start with the school because there's so much to tell. Today the first thing we did in school is look for each other. While she was in my class looking for me, i was there in her class waiting for her. Then when we were told by each other's classmates, it was then we met midway while walking back to each other's classes. We smiled! "You know i went looking for you!" i told her. She asked me why? I said  "The same reason why you came looking for me!" We again smiled at each other. As the bell rang, i said "see you at the dance practice".  She said okay! We headed back to our classes. After the attendance was done, i literally ran towards the dance room. She was already there with Anjali. She was sitting on a table that was kept there. I went to her and noticed Anjali was staring at me with a notorious smile. I asked Dira "Why is she staring at me like that?". Before she could speak Anjali interrupted " I knew it from the beginning! You aren't that innocent! Anyway congratulations!" I replied to her with a smile and to escape that situation i said " I'll go and look for the others!"As we all gathered together, we began to think for a song. Shakti suggested a romantic number and automatically Dira's face turned towards me "What do you say?"... "Amm nope!" And then all our time got wasted in this! While moving back to our classes, Dira didn't even look at me once! Then came the break! I ran downstairs after finishing some of my pending work! Ishan, Dira, Anjali, Shakti and Sid were already sitting over there! I took a seat next to Dira and asked everyone what the discussion was all about? Finally i got to know that they were confused about the dance. As it was our first performance, it had to be something different than what others did! I told them that we could think about this at home too! Then everybody just got busy in having  their lunch and i tried grabbing her hand. She looked at me with anger, got up and left the cafeteria! Anjali ran after her! Ishan looked at me with a smile! He came to me and said " Brother get used to it. Now you're stuck too!" And then he added " You denied dancing on a romantic number?". I said "That was because this is a school performance!" He replied to me " That wouldn't have mattered but romantic numbers are her favourites." "Shit man! What do i do now?" I asked him! He told me that he was gonna get Anjali to make you two talk to each other in the next period. Everything went as planned and while she was waiting outside the girl's washroom i went there and grabbed her hand and pulled her aside. I said "I'm sorry" she didn't reply back. I left that place. Then in the dispersal time our whole group was walking together! I came up in front and said "I have an idea!". All eyes turned towards me except Dira's! I said" We will dance on a romantic number". Everybody asked me " But you are the one who refused to it!" I told them about the misunderstanding and then we were all happy again that we have finally found a theme! As we all parted, Dira came from behind and shook me! She said "I'm sorry" and in no time i turned back and replied "Me too" We smiled and walked towards her bus. As i said good-bye to her she smiled at me! Then i moved to my bus! After entering the house, i called out for mom! She didn't reply! I looked all around the house and went up to my neighbors and asked them about my mom! Auntie told me that my mom had gone for some tests to the doctor and she seemed to be having a high fever! This left me tensed and i waited for mom at the house!




What was wrong now? Was there something wrong with Devin's mother or was it a minor routine checkup and he was just over-reacting? Well we will find out about that tomorrow in Chapter 9: Things get a bit tensed up!






No comments:

Post a Comment