Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Chapter 9: Things Get A Bit Tensed Up

Today Devin is gonna receive a shock! What is it gonna be? Was it something related to his mother? Lets find out...




CHAPTER 9: Things Get A Bit Tensed Up
I waited for mom for the next 3 hours. She came back home and i asked her what's going on? She didn't answer! I repeated my question, but i was replied with nothing but silence. What kind of tests were these? "Just normal routine tests!" She replied. I didn't say a word and went back inside. I came out for dinner and then again went inside and waited for mom and dad to go off to sleep. I then came out and took her reports. I went in my room, turned on the table lamp and read those words, It said "Blood Cancer Reports" i read on and it mentioned "positive". Now this shook me to the core. I read again and again and again and again. She was suffering from blood cancer? Tears just streamed down my cheeks and i kept the reports back to where they were. That night i couldn't sleep for a single second. Tears had all dried up till morning and i got up and got ready for the school, half an hour before the usual time. She served me the breakfast, i hugged her tightly before leaving and i noticed a blissful smile on her face. She seemed relieved like she had got all the happiness in the world. I went to the bus and kept on thinking all the way to school. It was then when i met Dira, i felt a bit better. She gave me some hope that it would be alright and my mother'll be fine soon. I didn't do much that day. We met in the recess.. We were sitting in the basement. She asked me "Are you okay?" I didn't reply.. She wrapped her arms around me and kissed me on my left cheek. I smiled and i asked her "Since when do you like/love me?" She said "the first day i met you, i felt something strange and after that when we began to talk, i developed feelings for you. And what about you?" I told her how i had fallen for her and she giggled and rested her head on my arm. I kissed her on her forehead and took a sigh. We were glad that nobody came to the basement. As the bell rang, we went back to our classes and then i was sitting there in my class like a zombie. I kept on thinking and suddenly i was so devastated by all the things happening that i left the class when the chemistry teacher was giving her lecture. She didn't pay much attention and continued. I went to the rooftop and cried like a baby!  After half an hour, i came back downstairs. In the dispersal time we all met. Today we had plans to go out and i completely forgot about it. Ishan had brought his car and Dira was already in there. He told me to hop in. I said no brother, i gotta go. They all forced me for some time but then they agreed. Dira said, she wanted to go with me. I told her this wasn't needed but she didn't listen. She came and stood right next to me. We didn't go by the bus that day. We decided we would walk to the auto stand and then i'll drop her and go home. We started our walk towards the auto stand. Walking hand in hand. I took the initiative to start the conversation "You know it ain't that easy for me to accept this" She asked me " Did you confront her about this?"
"How does it matter? I have read the reports with my own eyes"
"But still you need to confront her once"
"Babe? The outcome is gonna be the same"
" Just do as i say."
"Okay" I said..
We had reached the auto stand. We were holding hands all the while. I dropped her and went back home. I went to my room and came out for lunch after changing. I moved to the table. Grabbed my favorite seat and finally thought of confronting her.






What was it gonna be? Will he be able to confront her? What would be the outcome? We will talk about the problem tomorrow, in CHAPTER 10: Sorting Things Out. Stay tuned till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment