Sunday, 20 July 2014

Chapter 6: Getting Closer

It was time for them to get close. It had to change. Everything with time does change. People say, things only get worse but for Devin, God had something else in his mind. Let's see what happens further.




Chapter 6: Getting Closer
The same daily routine! I woke up and got ready for school! It was Friday! I needed to take care of how i looked!  My hairstyle, my uniform, everything had to be intact. I went to the breakfast table and ate a lot as it was my favourite grilled sandwich. I ran towards the bus stop! Today the bus had already arrived. So ill skip directly to the canteen part. I went to the canteen with Ishan, as usual! She wasn't there! I waited for her but she didn't come! So when the break was about to get over i ran up to her class! There she was! Writing something in a hurried manner. I went to her and asked for a reason! She said she was too busy to talk at that time and she'll talk to me on whatsapp. I was about leave as i realized i dont have her number. I asked for her number and guess what? She already had mine. I dont know from where she'd got it but she was having it! Did that mean she too had feelings for me? Not thinking much about this, i went back to the class and wasted my time playing pen fights in the class! As the dispersal time came closer, i saw her roaming around in the corridor! I made an excuse of washroom and went out. As i saw her face, with a little bit of anger and those scared eyes! I just kept on looking at her for a few moments. Coming back to life i ran towards her, asking what was wrong? She said-"Actually yesterday i was having a huge debate with Sam and in that stuff i forgot to do my assignments. I tried to complete them in the break but here i am standing in front of the staff room. I asked her-"What's the matter with you and Sam?" To which she replied-"Long story. And i replied to her " Explain it in short?" She said- " We broke up!" and i was like "what?". Now she had to go. I couldn't talk to her before 3pm as i reached home by then.  I eagerly waited to reach home and as soon as i did, i messaged her-"Hey" and we started talking. As we talked and discussed more about each other, i asked her if we could meet somewhere today! She told me that her parents for going out today evening, so i could go at her place around 6. I changed my clothes, took my bike and went to her house. As i reached she was already standing there at the door. I entered the house and she showed me around. Then we finally entered her room. It was clean and everything was at it's position! As i began to laugh she asked me what was wrong? to which i replied " Nothing's wrong and that is the problem. Everything in your room is exactly where it should be." She told me that she liked to keep things at place and loved cleanliness. I asked her about the breakup. I said" If u want to talk about Sam, you may!" She said with a sigh " I dont think we were ever meant to be together. It was a kind of suffocating for me and after the way he shouted on me yesterday, i decided that i'll never get back with him." I sympathized her and said "If you ever need me, I'm here". She smiled and got up! Asking me whether today she was fortunate enough to see my dance or not. I tried to laugh that thing off but she was serious. So as i danced and she watched curiously, she seemed impressed. As she admired me, i kept on staring at her! As soon as i realized it was already 8:30, i left from her house, saying goodbye. While riding back home, i thought what a wonderful day it had been. We had got really close in these two hours. Now, she's single and i hope something works out between us. I went back home, had my dinner and sat down to study. I felt asleep while studying and woke up late next morning. I couldn't wait to meet her today.



It was an amazing day as they got closer but what is yet to be known is, does Dira also feel the same about Devin like he feels for her? The question will begin to be answered by the next chapter. Stay tuned for Chapter 7: Let's Face It.

No comments:

Post a Comment